Sunday, September 18, 2016

Candy Cane Lane Gift Tags

On page four of the Holiday Mini Catalog are some great little gift tags made with Candy Cane Lane Designer Series Paper (DSP) and Candy Cane Christmas stamp set.

What isn't on page four, is instructions, so I decided how these would best go together and now I'm sharing them with you!



The circle punch was easy - it is 2" - the only reason I know that is it says so, on page four!  ha ha!  So I went from there.  I began my stamping two of the bigger sentiments from the Candy Cane Christmas and then punched them out.  The biggest greeting won't fit, so you can use that on a card instead.  I used Real Red and Crumb Cake inks.

After punching I added candy canes, stars, trees and peppermint candies, also from the same stamp set.

My biggest question was how do I get the bakers twine on the tags without them looking terrible on the back of the tag.  Then, thinking of the DSP and how it isn't all that terribly thick, I decided I would double it up and that also answers how to do the twine.





  • DSP - 5" x 2 1/2", scored and folded at 2 1/2" 
  • Candy Cane Baker's Twine - 5", folded in half then taped inside the top inside of the piece of DSP
  • Tombo Multipurpose Liquid Glue on all four sides inside for a strong hold and strengthening of the DSP.
  • Pop up the 2" circle with Stampin' Dimensionals










If you'd like to make some quick and easy tags, click on any of the pics below to shop my store!

Thank you for looking in today ~ come back again tomorrow!

~ Donna


Product List

1 comment:

  1. Goody goody gumdrop! I had been eyeing those tags and wondered how they did the twine and figure either a plain backing (i.e. crumb cake or real red) which was really a great idea for the to/from on the ones that didn't have that on there. Then I thought, duh, cut the DP longer and fold in half and secure the loop. I think they would look yummy as little cards too. Anyway, that was definitely one photo of a project that I really analyzed. Good job and thanks for the measurements. They would look cute as ornaments as well on a tree.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors