Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Simple Christmas Stars

So simple, yet so pretty!  Too bad the pictures don't show how nice the sparkle is.



Recipe:
Whisper White Thick Cardstock - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Whisper White Cardstock 5 1/4" x 4"
Red Glimmer Paper - scrap big enough to adhere behind the smallest star
Silver Glimmer Paper - scrap big enough to adhere behind the smallest star
Stars Framelits - smallest star
Gold Baker's Twine (from Baker's Twine Trio Pack)

Stamps:  Star of Light (Holiday Catalog)
Real Red - Ink


I used scotch tape to hold the Baker's Twine through the star to the back and then tied the 2nd piece of Baker's Twine around the first one.  I tried using glue dots to attach the bow and it tends to come off.  Tying it on works the best.


Thank you for looking in today!  Happy Tuesday!

~ Donna


Product List

1 comment:

  1. Oh I bet they sparkle a lot in person. The gold thread is a great touch and thanks for the tip about tying it and the tape rather than a glue dot. I have not done anything with those stars and I just had to have them. Sort of like the star kit last year or two ago - I have yet to make any from the kit. I did steal some embelishments out though. I think I will be CASEing your card soon. Oh, I could do the stars in purple for my friend who demands a purple Christmas card. Maybe I will do the purple as the card and the stars out of white or silver glimmer paper?!? Oh, Donna you are such a great sounding board for me! I think you can tell I love the card!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors