Thursday, February 16, 2017

Thirty Five Years Goes Fast!

Thirty five years ago today I was writing thank you notes (store bought - ugh!) for gifts I'd received at my very first baby shower on February 15th!  The shower was at our church and so much fun.  Gosh, I sure miss those old days with all the church ladies - young and old - gathered around for bridal and baby showers!  I spent all day resting and writing those little notes.  Soon as the last one was done and I'd climbed into bed, the contractions began!  Oh boy, what a long night that was.

Then late evening on the 17th my baby boy arrived through the escape hatch (C-section)  LOL.

So now here we are getting ready to celebrate another year and I'm one proud Momma!  He is now an Oncology Nurse at Mayo Hospital here in Scottsdale, Arizona.  His Grandparents would all be so proud!


So, on to the card.

Recipe:

Pacific Point - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Emerald Envy 5 1/4" x 4"
Party Animal Designer Series Paper - 5" x 3 3/4"
Whisper White 3 3/4" x 2 3/4"
Emerald Envy - 4" x 3"


Stamps used - Balloon Adventures and Big on Birthdays.  Inside I added the 35th with my Pacific Point Stampin' Write Marker.


Along the bottom of the Whisper White I used the Candle Border Punch from the 2017 Occasions  Catalog.


Thank you for looking in today.  Happy Thursday!

To order any of the items shown here, simply click on a picture below to go to my store.

~ Donna


Product List

3 comments:

  1. Cute card Donna! My oldest was born in April of 1983, so I'm right behind you :) What stamp set did you use for the "35th"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary! I actually made the 35th by hand with my Pacific Point Stampin' Write Marker. It was a tight squeeze, I should have left more cardstock on the sides!

      You are right behind me. How many children (now adults) do you have? I have two boys and a step-daughter. The 2nd is almost 4 years later on
      February 25, 1986, so there will be another card making for that one!

      Thank you so much for commenting! It makes my day when people write!

      Delete
  2. Cute card and envelope! Yep, it says happy alright! The colors are great. Where has Pacific Point been hiding? I never noticed it until recently with the party animal paper and maybe something else. I like that color esp with this suite of stuff. Love the little balloon embelishment as well.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors