Sunday, February 12, 2017

Workshop Creativity

Saturday's workshop was so much fun!  The Hey Chick pop-up card went together easily for everyone and no one had to peel up a mistake (like I did the first time I made it!).  

One of the girls is quite the artist and I just had to show you how beautifully she colored her chicks. She used our new Watercolor Pencils, but didn't blend them or use the Aqua Brush.  So don't think you have to use water or blenders with them, you can simply color with them.  Alyssa amazes me everytime I see her work.  Doesn't Phyllis (the first chicken) just look FAB!?



Brittney wanted to be very creative and since she knew what the end result was going to be, and what she wanted to do, she asked me to bring my Barnyard Babies stamp set with me as well as my Woodgrain background stamp.  Take a look at what she created!

This is the outside:


She made little barn doors by cutting an "I" with our Trimmer and using some old brads as "door knobs". 

Here is the inside!  Isn't it adorable?  

Measurements can be found HERE for this card.  The link for assembling the pop-up instructions are HERE.



This was our 2nd card that they made today.  Do you see the doilies?  Brittney colored hers by laying them down on the Sweet Sugarplum ink pad and gently rubbed over the back - using a piece of paper to keep the ink off her fingers.  You can also use our sponge daubers or sponge rollers.


Inside, she cut some flowers out as well.  Admittedly, not on purpose (she didn't see the smaller piece of Whisper White for die cutting), but this shows how you can make any mistake work to your advantage and still make something beautiful!  There's even still room to stamp a sentiment.

Measurements and details for this card can be found  HERE.


I hope these cards have inspired you to try something fun!

Have a Blessed Sunday! 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE THE BARNYARD WITH BOTH THE ANIMALS AND THE BARN WITH THE WOODGRAIN. The flower card is great too and she has room for a sentiment or to write a note on the inside still. I bet you all had a great time. Great talent!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can hardly wait to show her your comment. She's out of the office doing fieldwork today, but tomorrow morning I'll be able to show her. She'll get a kick out of it I'm sure.

      It was a lot of fun. Didn't have a couple of people that were going to be new, but maybe next time they will join us.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors