Wednesday, March 7, 2018

One More Thing and a Thank You

After I posted the birthday card I made for my boss, I decided I wanted to see if I could decorate the envelope flap.  Since the Picture Perfect Party DSP is 6" x 6" and I only used a 4" wide section, there was a full 2" x 6" left over.  PERFECT for doing the flap.

I simply put some Liquid Tombo on the flap and then placed the DSP at the fold line for the flap.


Flipped over the envelope to see the flap and then trimmed around the edge with my paper snips. 



Today's Card

On Monday night I took my oldest Son and my Daughter-in-law out for dinner for his birthday which was last month.  It's so hard to get these night-shift kids on a night when we can go out!  Billy chose Grassroots a restaurant that he knew would be new to me (he's good at picking out new places) and one that he knew we could enjoy good conversation.  The food was fabulous, oh and dessert... Ghiradelli Browning with home made ice cream!  Yum!

One of Billy and Danielle's friends is a chef at the restaurant and he was actually there last night.  It wasn't his normal night there, so it was a great surprise.  He came and visited us a couple of times and then he was gone.  When the dinner was over and our waitress asked if we needed anything else she informed us that Richard had picked up the tab since it was Billy's birthday celebration.  How nice is that!!

I asked Billy if he thought it would be okay to send a nice thank you and he said he thought that would be very nice.  Danielle said I should definitely make one of my cards.  She loves my cards!  

Here's what I came up with.  Simple, since it's for a guy... didn't think flowers would be good.  Too bad we don't still have that Chef stamp from several years ago.


Recipe:  
Tutti-Frutti Cards and Envelopes (FREE with $50 order through Sale-a-Bration)
Whisper White 4 5/8" x 3 3/8" 
Bubbles & Fizz Designer Series Paper - 4 1/2" x 3 1/4" (ha... FREE again with Sale-a-Bration)
Whisper White - Cut with Stitched Shapes Square

Stamps:  All Things Thanks
Ink:  Bermuda Bay

I popped up the sentiment square with Stampin' Dimensionals and stamped another stamp from the same set on the inside.

Thank you for looking in today!  Happy Hump Day!!

~ Donna


2 comments:

  1. Love the card for the chef - a touch of whimsy but sort of manly. That was amazing he picked up the check as it probably was a bit pricey plus it was not his normal day. Cool! Even the coffee bean paper might have been fun too but I like your card as it is clean and simple too. I had to laugh at the doughnuts on the other envelope. I made a couple thank you 3x3 cards and there was just enough to make the card front for both and the back of the little envelopes as well as the backing for the little sentiment. Now that was getting the most out of a 6x6 sheet of paper!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that stamp when I bought the set, but had to wonder what I would use it for. Seems I found it!

      Good job getting the most of the sheet of paper. That always feels so good!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and leave a comment. I always love hearing from you and I promise to comment back, so come back again!

Contributors